Compare Answering Service Prices BUYERS GUIDE 2017
What are call Answering Services and How Much Does it Cost?
An answering service provides an off-site team of receptionists, sales representatives, and/or customer service representatives who handle inbound business calls. Answering services offer businesses of all sizes greater flexibility and cost-effectiveness than keeping inbound call handling entirely in-house. Answering services cost a fraction of in-house staff, and typically charge either for a discrete block volume of calls or a number of minutes per month. An average answering service charges around $50 for either 40-75 calls per month; determining your monthly call traffic is essential before selecting a plan.
- Medical Answering Service Pricing
- Bilingual Answering Service Pricing
- Attorney Answering Service Pricing
- 24 Hour Answering Service Pricing
Compare Answering Service Pricing
What to Look For In an Answering Service:
Make sure your answering service provides the added benefits your business needs, whether that's increased availability, ability to handle a high call volume during certain periods, overflow calling, or all of the above. Many services offer 24/7/365 service coverage, and can handle your calls around the clock or just outside your normal business hours. Make sure the answering service you partner with offers customized scripts and fully trains representatives about your business, products, and customers. This will translate into more sales and better customer service.
A good answering service will also catalog and relay important call information back to you on a regular schedule and on demand. They should make it easier for your customers to reach you and for you to respond effectively.
Before hiring a live answering service consider the importance of down time and how it will impact your business. Some telephone answering companies do not have back up locations to cover their clients phone calls in the event of a power outage or internet loss. Smaller virtual receptionist offices are impacted heavily in the event of unexpected high call volumes, bad weather conditions, and inner office viruses and colds. If down time is not an option you may want to look at providers that host at least two brick and mortar locations and possible have at home agents.
Phone Answering Service Sample Costs
Below are a few examples of price facts for answering services which will give you an idea how much you will pay for you purchase.
- Monthly call volume up to 50 calls average under a minute will cost $50 - $85.
- Inbound calls ranging between 100 calls to 200 will cost $79 to $175.
- Up to 500 calls (average length 1 minute) is usually priced between $390 to $450. If calls average 1.5 minutes add approximately $170.
- On holidays plan to pay an extra $10 per day regardless of call volume.
- If operators are required to access a third party website for order taking or appointments this will be priced from $50 to $100 a month for staff training.
- Call Patching. If your call center will be patching calls (as opposed to just messages and sending by text) expect to pay an average of$0.25 per call transferred.
Related Industry Terms: 24 Hour, Call Center, Outsourcing, Live, Inbound, After Hours, 24x7, Small Business, Medical, Attorney, Bilingual, Remote Receptionist
Get Matched up With Answering Service Providers With Up To Five Money Saving Quotes