Compare Steel Storage Containers Prices – BUYERS GUIDE 2023
What are Steel Shipping Containers and How Much Do They Cost?
Purchasing new or used steel shipping containers (Conex boxes) in 2023 costs between $2,800 – $7,100. They can also be rented for as little as $125 a month. Obviously, your actual price point will be determined by the features you require in your steel storage container.
The below chart explains the average monthly prices to rent steel storage containers:
|Conex Box Size||Avg. Cost Rent|
|10′ Steel Storage Container||$80-$110/Month|
|16′ Steel Storage Container||$94-$122/Month|
|20′ Steel Storage Container||$119-$148/Month|
|30′ Steel Storage Container||$130-$157/Month|
|40′ Steel Storage Container||$135-$161/Month|
|53′ Steel Storage Container||$149-$185/Month|
The next chart illustrates the national average cost of buying new versus used steel storage containers:
|New Steel Storage Containers||20-footers: $2,780 – $5,800+
40-footers: $3,990 – $7,000+
|Used Steel Storage Containers||20-footers: $1,430 – $2,700
40-footers: $2,570 – $3,900
Find out the cost in your area:
Steel storage containers are one of the most rugged, secure, and durable storage solutions you can purchase in the United States. In addition, many people are utilizing steel shipping containers for multiple purposes, repurposing them as offices or mobile workstations instead of as storage space only. Some of the companies that manufacture these units are even selling them retrofitted to meet these other purposes. These containers also referred to as Conex boxes, are a very affordable way to meet a variety of on-site space needs. The cost is also relatively low compared to the strength and simplicity of the product.
Steel Storage Containers Buyer’s Guide
Steel storage containers, also known as metal shipping containers or conex boxes, have become an increasingly popular solution for storage and transportation needs across various industries. They offer durability, security, and versatility that make them suitable for a wide range of applications. This guide aims to provide an overview of the features, benefits, and considerations for purchasing steel storage containers.
Industries that use steel storage containers:
- Construction: Construction companies use steel storage containers for storing equipment, tools, and supplies on-site, as well as for temporary offices or shelters. The most common container size here is a 40-foot container.
- Agriculture: Farmers and ranchers utilize these containers to store feed, equipment, and supplies.
- Retail and Warehousing: Retailers and warehouses use conex boxes for additional inventory storage or as a secure space for high-value items. Various container sizes are used for retail based on the type of container needs and purpose.
- Manufacturing: Manufacturers often use them for storing raw materials or finished products.
- Oil and Gas: These containers are used for storing tools, equipment, and hazardous materials in the oil and gas industry.
- Military and Government: Military and government agencies utilize these containers for transporting equipment and supplies, as well as setting up temporary bases or storage facilities.
- Event Management: Event organizers use steel storage containers for storing equipment, setting up ticket booths, or creating pop-up shops.
Features to consider when purchasing steel storage containers:
The first thing to discuss is the size of the container that you need. The typical steel storage container is 8’ wide, but they come in a variety of lengths, starting at 20’ and ranging to 45’ or more in length. There is also an option to get taller than the normal model which can be useful if you plan on storing industrial equipment inside a steel container and need the extra clearance.
- Size: Steel storage containers come in various sizes, with the most common being 20-foot, 40-foot, and 53-foot lengths. Consider your storage or transportation needs to determine the appropriate size.
- Material: High-quality steel, such as COR-TEN steel, provides better corrosion resistance and durability. Ensure the container you choose is made from quality materials to withstand harsh environments.
- Condition: Containers can be new or used, with used containers often being more affordable. Inspect used containers for structural integrity, rust, and damages before purchasing.
- Doors: Depending on your needs, you can choose from containers with single, double, or even side-opening doors. Roll-up or sliding doors can also be added for easier access.
- Flooring: Standard containers come with wooden or steel flooring. Consider your needs when deciding on the flooring material, as certain industries may require specific flooring types for safety or sanitation reasons.
- Ventilation: Proper ventilation is essential to prevent condensation and maintain air quality. Make sure the container you choose has adequate ventilation or consider adding vents if necessary.
- Security: For added protection, look for containers with lockboxes or install your own to secure your belongings.
Add-ons to consider for steel storage containers:
- Insulation: Insulating your container can help regulate temperature, reduce condensation, and provide a more comfortable environment for storage or working spaces.
- Electrical and lighting: Adding electrical outlets and lighting can make a container more functional for various applications, such as offices or workshops.
- Windows and skylights: Adding windows or skylights can provide natural light and improve ventilation.
- Shelving and storage systems: Installing shelves, racks, or other storage systems can help organize your container and make it more efficient for your specific needs.
- Custom paint and branding: Personalize your container with custom paint or company branding to make it easily identifiable and visually appealing.
- HVAC systems: Installing heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems can create a comfortable environment for working or storing temperature-sensitive items.
- Fire suppression systems: In industries where fire hazards are a concern, adding fire suppression systems can provide an added layer of protection.
Steel storage containers offer a durable, versatile, and secure solution for various industries. When purchasing one, consider your specific needs and requirements, and choose a container with the appropriate features and add-ons. By doing so, you can ensure that your investment in a steel storage container will meet your needs and provide long-lasting value for your business or personal use. With careful consideration and proper customization, a steel storage container can be an invaluable asset for storage, transportation, and even innovative workspaces across numerous industries. Popular Solutions:
- New Shipping Containers
- Used Container
- 40-ft Container
- 20 ft Container
- High Cube Containers
Used Shipping Container Cost
Shipping container cost is a hot topic, and it’s not one that should be taken lightly. If you’re in the process of considering whether or not to invest in shipping containers for your business, then there are some things to consider before making a decision. You will want to know how much money you’ll need upfront as well as what kind of return you can expect on your investment. Shipping container cost varies depending on many factors including where the containers are coming from and where they will be shipped. Here, we discuss all types of costs associated with shipping containers so that when you’re ready to make a purchase, you’ll have an accurate idea about what it really costs.
Here are real examples of costs when buying a used shipping container so that you get the right machine at the best price point.
SHIPPING CARGO CONTAINER ON & OFF GRID GLAMPING HUNTING UNIT
40ft High Cube Used Shipping Container / One Trip Container
9′ Used Office Container Door & Window
Portable Shipping Container Office
8′ Office Container Door & Window
20FT Used Shipping container home DECK
40′ High Cube Shipping Container / 40ft HC Cargo
20′ Used Container office, fully furnished
45ft Standard shipping container
What really sets one shipping container company apart from the rest is the customization options that it offers. For instance, if you’re using containers on a job site, the manufacturer may offer them special markings and bright paint to make the container as conspicuous as possible. This can help prevent accidents and collisions at night on the site. Special locks can be installed, and extra rustproofing and waterproofing can be added depending on the conditions you foresee the box being forced to withstand.
Keep in mind that all of these upgrades are likely to increase the cost of your box, so it’s best to carefully evaluate what kinds of conditions your box will be subjected to before you order it. More advanced and expensive add-ons include things like refrigeration or heating for the unit.
In the shipping industry there are many things that can drive a higher price, and your best option is to be clear on the terms of cost while making sure you have enough space to properly store and ship your product.
Steel Storage Containers (Conex Box) Sample Costs
Below are a few examples of prices for Steel Shipping Containers which will give you an idea of how much you will pay for your purchase.
- Used 20’ Steel Containers average cost of $2,130 – $4004
- Used 40’ Storage Containers Cost around $3,155 – $6,100
- Delivery Fee typical cost of $250
- Rent Steel Storage Containers average cost of $131 / month – $256.
Find Steel Storage Containers Near You and Compare Up To Five Money Saving Quotes
A storage container can be an easy resolution to your headaches of saving space. When it comes to storage container prices, renting or buying are your two options.
Also known as a shipping container or portable storage unit, a storage container can be used for anything from equipment to furniture and more. More and more businesses find themselves needing another place for storage, especially for inventory.
It may seem simple, but there are a few things to consider when it comes to choosing the right container.
Storage Container Prices Differ
Whether it’s the size, age, condition, or add-on features, storage containers aren’t as simple as you may think. It may be necessary to pay higher price or a little extra cost to avoid getting a container that is in poor condition or doesn’t provide enough space. Determining storage container pricing started first with the size.
All standard storage containers come in either 20’ x 8’ x 8.5’ or 40’ x 8’ x 8.5’. Whether their new or used also plays a role. 20-footers that are new range from $2,800 to $3,700 and used will be $1,331 to $2,600. New 40-footers will be $5,006 to $6,020 and used will be $2,676 to $3,100.
You can opt for untraditional sizes, but those only get larger from the standard sizes.COMPARE
Age isn’t the same number that you’d correlate to birthdays when it comes to storage container prices. It depends on the number of times it has been used to ship cargo overseas and used in general.
Other factors that go into its condition are repair history and of course damage.
With that being said, the new condition containers (only used once to ship cargo) come in at around $5,200 to $6,000. It follows down the line with cheaper options from Premium, to Grade A and B, Refurbished, and finally As-is.
As-is storage container prices come in around $1,000 or less.
What To Look For
Here’s a list of a few things you should look for when renting or buying any type of container:
- Container Sizes: Make sure you get a container that meets your needs.
- Type of Container: From size to cooling, there are many types of shipping container options.
- Transportation costs: Be sure to include any additional cost, or at least get a rough estimate of what the shipping company will charge to deliver,
Choose Rent or Buy Metal Storage Containers
Determining what you need and whether to rent or buy a storage container depends on your budget and length of use.
Businesses investing in a storage unit should consider the shipping container cost. A one-time payment beats the $75 to $200 a month that storage containers can cost when renting.
A good bet would be spending $1,600 to $2,600 on a refurbished or used container or even ponying up and springing for a new container. On average individuals who rent these containers do so for 24 months so this is a good figure to consider before buying.COMPARE
Cheaper Steel Storage Containers
If you want more in your storage container, it’s going to cost you.
Storage container prices go up when adding doors, built-in shelving, locking mechanisms, awnings, and custom sizes. These additions can add anywhere from $90 for a locking mechanism to $1,500 for the cheaper size for a retractable awning.
More advanced additions like roofing, electricity, plumbing, window, and floors are something to discuss with a contractor that could charge $250 to $2,500 extra to your spending cost.
Going as far as refrigeration will cost you anywhere from an additional $5,800 to $7,104 for 20’ containers and $10,300 to $12,200 for a 40’.
Top Steel Storage Container Suppliers
Steel storage containers have become increasingly popular due to their durability, versatility, and portability. These containers come in a range of sizes and can be used for a variety of purposes, including storage, transportation, and even as portable offices or living spaces. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the best steel storage container companies, their offerings, and what makes them stand out in the industry.
Sea Box is a leading manufacturer of steel storage containers and offers a wide range of products, including standard shipping containers, custom containers, and modified containers. Their containers are made from high-quality steel and are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions, making them suitable for use in a variety of environments. Sea Box also offers a range of customization options, including insulation, electrical systems, and HVAC systems, allowing customers to create a container that meets their specific needs.
Conexwest is a leading provider of steel storage containers, offering new and used containers in a variety of sizes. Their containers are made from high-quality steel and are designed to be durable and weather-resistant. Conexwest also offers a range of customization options, including paint, insulation, and electrical systems, allowing customers to create a container that meets their specific requirements.
Falcon Structures is a leading provider of steel storage containers and offers a range of products, including standard shipping containers, custom containers, and modified containers. Their containers are made from high-quality steel and are designed to be durable and weather-resistant. Falcon Structures also offers a range of customization options, including insulation, electrical systems, and HVAC systems, allowing customers to create a container that meets their specific needs.
AZ Containers is a leading provider of steel storage containers, offering new and used containers in a variety of sizes. Their containers are made from high-quality steel and are designed to be durable and weather-resistant. AZ Containers also offers a range of customization options, including paint, insulation, and electrical systems, allowing customers to create a container that meets their specific requirements.
Royal Wolf is a leading provider of steel storage containers, offering new and used containers in a variety of sizes. Their containers are made from high-quality steel and are designed to be durable and weather-resistant. Royal Wolf also offers a range of customization options, including paint, insulation, and electrical systems, allowing customers to create a container that meets their specific requirements.
Steel storage containers are an excellent solution for a variety of storage, transportation, and office needs. The companies discussed in this article are among the best in the industry, offering high-quality products and a range of customization options. When choosing a steel storage container, it’s important to consider your specific needs, as well as the reputation and experience of the company you choose.
Store With Confidence
If you want the best storage container prices and reliability for your items, look no further than Price It Here.
Our business model is simple and it’s not only storage containers. We make sure you get linked up with the right supplier no matter what you’re buying. From ATMs, to janitorial service and even office copiers, we have you covered.
If you’re a supplier looking for somewhere to depend on, turn to us. This is a win-win business model and the secret to success down the road.
What Determines Cost of Metal Shipping Containers
Metal shipping containers are widely used in the transportation and storage of goods across the world. These containers are made from different types of metals such as steel, aluminum, and copper. The cost of metal shipping containers is determined by several factors, including the type of metal used, size, and condition of the container.
Type of Metal Used:
The type of metal used to manufacture a shipping container is one of the most significant factors that determine the cost of the container. Steel is the most commonly used metal in the production of shipping containers because of its strength, durability, and availability. Steel containers are typically less expensive than those made from aluminum or copper. However, aluminum and copper containers are lighter and more resistant to corrosion, making them more expensive than steel containers.
The size of a shipping container also plays a critical role in determining its cost. Shipping containers come in different sizes, ranging from 10ft to 53ft. The standard sizes are 20ft and 40ft, and these are usually the most affordable. Containers that are larger or smaller than these sizes are typically more expensive because they are less common and require custom manufacturing.
The condition of a shipping container is also an essential factor that affects its cost. New containers are typically more expensive than used containers. Used containers come in different grades, and the grade of the container determines its cost. Grade A containers are those that are in excellent condition, have no visible damage, and have been inspected and certified for cargo transport. Grade B containers are those that have some cosmetic damage, but are still suitable for cargo transport. Grade C containers are those that have significant damage and may not be suitable for cargo transport.
Other factors that can affect the cost of a metal shipping container include location, availability, and demand. Shipping containers that are located near ports or shipping hubs are typically more affordable than those located in remote areas. Containers that are in high demand due to shortages or other factors may also be more expensive.COMPARE QUOTES NOW
The cost of a metal shipping container is determined by several factors, including the type of metal used, size, and condition of the container. Steel containers are typically less expensive than those made from aluminum or copper, and the standard sizes are usually the most affordable. The condition of the container also plays a critical role in determining its cost, with new containers being more expensive than used ones. Finally, location, availability, and demand can also affect the cost of a metal shipping container.
Our goal is to help you save on container shipping prices. Need a quote? Here or just a couple more products we can help with:
- Brand-New Container
- Climate Control Containers
- Dry Containers
- High-Cube Container
- Multiple Delivery Options
- Sea Freight Containers
Contact us today for information and support.
People That Viewed This Page Also Found These Pages Helpful: