Office Cleaning Service Cost in New York City | A Complete Pricing Guide
It is essential to keep your office clean, but what will it cost? This guide explains the average office cleaning service cost in New York City.
Bacteria, dust, allergens, and viruses are everywhere. Employees and customers can spread illness and disease by simply touching surfaces such as door handles, elevator buttons, and keypads. How do you avoid this from happening?
Hire a talented office cleaning service.
A professional cleaning service has the knowledge, time, and ability to deep clean your office space the right way. Not sure which cleaning service to choose and how much it costs to clean an office?
Benefits of Using a Professional NYC Office Cleaning Service
There are many positives to using a cleaning service for your office. Keeping the space clean makes an encouraging first impression to anyone that walks through the front door.
Here are a few more benefits of keeping your office sparkling:
Healthier Work Environment
Research studies have shown that the average workplace desk has 400 times more germs than a toilet seat. By cleaning the office space regularly you can ensure that the transmission of germs, bacteria, and viruses will be cut down significantly and employees will take fewer sick days.
Improved Air Quality
By utilizing a professional office cleaning service to vacuum and clean carpeting, desk chairs, and upholstery you can guarantee cleaner air quality. Deep cleaning and dusting can reduce respiratory irritation and headaches. A professional service can also clean air ducts and vents to minimize airborne irritants and mold.
When you consult with a cleaning service they will customize the type of cleaning and services to fit your needs. It is rare that a cleaning service will apply a one-size-fits-all concept to your business.
You can have confidence that the office cleaning service you employ will certainly meet your individual needs.
Research shows that employees feel more motivated and have higher levels of concentration when they work in a clean and neat environment. Worrying about your health or being distracted by dirty and messy work areas will not boost productivity.
By hiring professional office cleaners you can be assured that your employees will feel more relaxed and free to get down to work.
What Does it Cost to Clean an Office in New York, NY?
That depends. Most office cleaning services will have a few options available for pricing.
Some common ones are price per square foot – usually between $0.07 – $0.15 per square foot, flat rate, hourly rate – this could range from $50 – $100+ an hour, and different types of cleaning tasks.
Other factors that can affect pricing are total square footage, how many employees work in the space, frequency of cleaning schedule, and additional costs of special services.
On average, the cost of cleaning a 1,000 square foot office in New York City can range from $90 – $120 a week.
If the square footage is bumped up to 2,500-3000 square feet, office cleaning prices can range from $120 – $150 a week.
Cleaning a larger office of 5,000 square feet can range up to $320 or more a week.
Prices for office cleaning in New York City can vary greatly and a helpful way to narrow down the choices is to start with some of the best-rated office cleaning services in the city and contacting them for an estimate.
5 Top Rated New York City Office Cleaners
- Four-Star General Cleaning Service has been operating in New York City for more than 20 years. The company is licensed, bonded, and insured and their specialty is office cleaning. They offer daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning and only use green cleaning supplies. They are currently offering one week of free cleaning to new clients who sign up for monthly service. Call 917-336-3810
- Onedesk Commercial Cleaning is an online office cleaning service that provides a wide range of cleaning services. Their virtual assistant will get you set up, show you how Onedesk works and will develop a custom plan for your office cleaning needs.
- Allied Cleaning Services offers comprehensive custodial services. They advertise elevator and escalator cleaning, upholstery freshening, window cleaning, bathroom sanitation, and more. Call 212-545-8312 to see how they’ve been helping business owners for more than 15 years.
- Green Elite uses only all-natural, non-toxic supplies to create a healthy, spotless environment. Call 833-726-4847 to choose from a variety of office cleaning packages that are reasonable and affordable.
- Cleaning Building Services cleans offices and also offers special services such as floor waxing, mold removal, commercial carpet cleaning, and green cleaning.
With the advent of the global COVID-19 pandemic, professional office cleaning services are taking extra precautions while cleaning. Many are making sure to not only clean but to disinfect and sanitize as well.
When contacting a cleaning service for an estimate, be sure to ask if their employees will be wearing face masks and gloves for their safety and the safety of everyone that walks into your office.
Welcome back your employees with a disinfected, deep-cleaned, and sanitized work area. They’ll appreciate it.
Questions to Consider Before Hiring an Office Cleaning Service
There are many factors to consider before hiring cleaners to come into your office space. It helps to have these questions handy while getting an estimate from a potential cleaning service:
- is the company professional and does it have a good reputation and reviews?
- do they offer free quotes and satisfaction guaranteed policies?
- is there a contract?
- do they offer a trial period?
- are they insured, licensed, and bonded?
- do they use green cleaning supplies?
- how is the overall cost calculated?
- is the office cleaning service offering special COVID-19 related disinfecting and sanitation?
- do they require a walk-through to give a quote?
With so much to consider, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Knowing what to expect from commercial cleaning companies is a big help.
Call a professional office cleaning service today and take the first step to a clean and healthy work environment.