Best Time Tracking Software – What You Need to Know
Are you looking to purchase time tracking software? Here’s what you need to know about the best time tracker software solutions.
As a business owner, you’ve seen how payroll processing can eat up valuable time.
If your payroll isn’t processed correctly, it can also cost you money. Federal law requires you to pay overtime pay to employees who work more than 40 hours per week.
Without proper time tracking, you could easily miss paying an employee overtime.
The last thing you want to do is violate federal or state law. At a minimum, you could end up with a disgruntled employee. The worst-case scenario is a potential lawsuit.
Time tracking software can streamline your payroll processing.
Read on to find out more about the benefits of this software as well as the top picks for digitized time trackers.
What is Time Tracking Software?
Time tracking software takes the guesswork out of doing payroll. Instead of working with manual time sheets and time cards, your employees clock in and out using the software.
With time tracking software, you collect data on your employees’ work habits. You can get a sense of who is on time and who is late. You can also have employees track specific projects they’re working on, so you can see where their time is actually going.
Time tracking software can also be handy for self-employed individuals. Many freelancers bill on an hourly basis, so it gives you the ability to accurately track how much to bill each client.
How Can Time Tracking Software Benefit Your Business?
Time tracking can help you see exactly what is going on with your business. If a project is taking more time than you anticipated, you can allocate resources or bill clients accordingly.
It also ensures that your payroll is completed accurately. If an employee forgets to clock in or out, it’s easy to go into the software and do a manual update. You can easily pay employees for the overtime they work or for sick time they are owed.
It can also give you a better sense of how to bill clients. If you have a repeat client who comes back for another project, you can look at how much time you spent on the last project and bill accordingly.
What Should I Look for in Time Tracking Software?
Cost is a big factor when it comes to software for time tracking. A free time clock might provide some useful information, but it may lack more advanced features. You may not be able to track specific projects, for example, or it may not have the capacity to handle or your employees.
You should also look at ease of use. There’s a learning curve with any software, of course, but if it looks like a learning mountain, you may want to look for another option.
As you evaluate options, consider whether they provide you with the resources to learn the software and how helpful their representatives are. If their representatives don’t seem knowledgeable or proactive, you may want to go with another option.
What is the Best Time Tracking Software?
Once you have a sense of your budget and needs, it’s time to find the right software for you. Here are some of the best time tracker software options:
- TSheets: TSheets is a great solution if your employees are often out and about. You can set up schedules easily. Employees can clock in and out with a PIN. You can also require employees to answer questions when they clock in or out. For example, if you have an outside sales staff, you can ask them how many appointments they had for the day. You can give managers the ability to review and approve timesheets. You can also easily run reports. It’s easy to use and integrates with several accounting software options.
- Hubstaff: Hubstaff is a popular time tracking solution that works well for managing remote teams. If you’re concerned about employee productivity, you can set up the software to take up to three screenshots every 10 minutes, so you can get a better sense of what your employees are actually doing. Hubstaff also offers GPS tracking so you can see where your employees are. You can also do scheduling. It easily integrates with payroll systems.
- TimeForce: This is a popular software option that can handle a large number of employees. It’s reliable and their customer service team is helpful. Employees can request time off within TimeForce and get email confirmation when their request is approved or denied. Employees can also check their own vacation and sick time balances. It integrates with popular payroll software options. You can set up different pay rates for different employees quickly. The software is easy to customize for your organization’s needs. Overall, it’s very simple to use.
- Acumen Data Systems: Acumen provides robust time tracking solutions. You can track time and attendance easily. You can also do scheduling within the software. It has special features for working with remote teams. If you have concerns about the accuracy of your time tracking, Acumen can include biometric identification, which means employees can’t punch each other in or out. Your employees can clock in or out using touchscreen timeclocks or using web browsers. You can also use a mobile app that includes GPS tracking.
- Kronos Workforce Ready: Kronos is a well-known name when it comes to time tracking. Workforce Ready is a platform that can do time tracking as well as scheduling, payroll, and recruiting. The software is easy to navigate and their customer service representatives are friendly. You can contact them quickly by phone or via online chat. You can run several specialized reports. It’s simple to make large-scale and small-scale changes as needed.
Let Us Help
Finding the right time tracking software for your business can be time-consuming. You need to evaluate each option and find out how much it will cost for your business.
Instead of searching the internet for a solution, let us help! We can provide you with specialized quotes on software that are tailored to your business and your budget.
Contact us today for help finding the right solution for your business.