The Ultimate Norton Antivirus vs Kaspersky Antivirus Review
About 40% of all data breaches target small businesses.
Hackers are aware that many small businesses don’t have a suitable antivirus system in place. This makes small businesses an easy target for hackers to break into the system and steal whatever information they want.
In this article, we’ll do a Kaspersky antivirus review and compare it against the Norton antivirus software to discover which is the best. As statistics are showing, cyber threats are on the rise. In fact, 2021 is already setting a record over 2020 for data breaches.
So, without further ado, let’s take a look at an in-depth comparison between both Kaspersky and Norton.
Features of Kaspersky
Is Kaspersky a good antivirus? The short answer is, yes.
You will find that you get decent Kaspersky internet security with its free antivirus product: Kaspersky Free. You get basic malware protection with this product and it will help protect against malicious online attacks.
However, if you’re wanting to protect your small business, then your best bet is to go with at least their entry-level premium product. This is Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
With Kaspersky Anti-Virus, you will get all the features that come with the freeware. On top of that, you’ll also get:
- Protection against ransomware, malware, phishing, and viruses
- Silent Mode utility
- Performance optimization tools
- Vulnerability scanner
The next product tier is Kaspersky Internet Security. You get all the features of the previous tier, along with:
- Two-way Firewall
- Webcam and Microphone protection
- Limited Parental Control module
- Smart Firewall
- Safe Money for payment protection
- Secure VPN 200MB per day for Windows
If you want the full-blown suite, then Kaspersky Total Security is where it’s at. You get everything from the prior packages and then these additional features:
- Data Shredder
- Unlimited password manager
- 2GB of file backup utility
- Full Parental Control filter
- File encryption utility
- Unlimited protection for PCs, Macs, smartphones, and tablets
Last, the final product is Kaspersky Security Cloud. You get all the features of the prior Kaspersky products.
The unique aspect of Kaspersky Security Cloud is its adaptive security cloud technology. This product is able to track the behavioral habits of users, look for vulnerabilities in the user’s actions, and then find remedies. Kaspersky Security Cloud does this automatically and then gives you a notification.
Some of the unique features that come with Kaspersky Security Cloud include:
- Home Wi-Fi monitor
- Remote account management
- Hard drive health monitor
- Online account checker
- Webcam protection
- Mic protection
- Secure VPN 500MB per day
Features of Norton
To start off the Norton antivirus review, we’ll first go over its many features.
Norton Antivirus Plus is their low-end product. It offers online threat protection in the form of anti-spyware, antivirus, antimalware, and ransomware protection. You’ll get 2GB of cloud backup and also a smart firewall, password manager. On top of that, Norton offers a 100% Virus Protection Promise with this product.
The next tier is the Norton 360 suite. The Norton 360 suite covers PCs, Macs, tablets, and smartphones.
You can get the Norton 360 suite in three different types of packages:
With the Standard package for the Norton 360 suite, you get all the base features found with the Norton Antivirus Plus plan in addition to:
- 10GB cloud backup
- Webcam protection
- Dark web monitoring
- Secure VPN for 1 PC, 1 Mac, or 1 tablet or smartphone
Next is the Deluxe package. You get all of the above-mentioned features with the following added on:
- 50GB cloud backup
- Privacy monitoring
- Dark web monitoring
- Norton parental control and School time
- Secure VPN for 5 PCs, Macs, tablets, or smartphones
Last is the LifeLock package. This package focuses on identity protection, online privacy, and insurance. You get all the features of the other products.
However, LifeLock comes separated into three tiers:
- Ultimate Plus
The Select tier for LifeLock offers the following additions:
- 100GB cloud backup
- LifeLock Identity Alert System
- 1 Bureau Credit Monitoring
- Access to US-based Identity Restoration Specialists
- SSN alerts
- Credit alerts
- ID verification monitoring
- Stolen Wallet Protection
- Data breach notifications
- Million-dollar protection package
- Secure VPN for 5PCs, Macs, tablets, or smartphones
The Advantage tier for the LifeLock package adds the following:
- 250GB cloud backup
- Identity lock monitoring
- Phone take-over monitoring
- Back activity alerts
- Credit card activity alerts
- Court record scanning
- Fictitious Identity monitoring
- Secure VPN for 10 PCs, Macs, tablets, or smartphones
Finally, the Ultimate Plus tier of LifeLock goes a step further with:
- 500GB cloud backup
- 3 Bureau Credit Monitoring
- Home Title monitoring
- 401(k) and Investment activity alerts
- Unlimited Secure VPN for PCs, Macs, tablets, and smartphones
Now, let’s take a look at the Norton antivirus price first.
Norton has different pricing plans based on which product and tier you go with. They are as follows:
- Norton Antivirus Plus costs $19.99 per year
- Norton 360 Standard costs $39.99 per year
- Norton 360 Deluxe costs $49.99 per year
Norton 360 LifeLock has three tiers of pricing plans. They are:
- Select costs $99.48 per year
- Advantage costs $191.88 per year
- Ultimate Plus costs $299.88 per year
Now, let’s look at Kaspersky. It also has different pricing plans based on the products and tiers you choose. They are:
- Kaspersky Antivirus costs $29.99 per year
- Kaspersky Internet Security costs $39.99 per year
- Kaspersky Total Security costs $49.99 per year
For Kaspersky Security Cloud, there are two different subscription plans to choose from. They are as follows:
- Personal costs $53.99 per year
- Family costs $89.99 per year
In terms of pricing, Kaspersky offers cheaper products and tiers.
If you want to learn more, be sure to browse our site for antivirus software and its pricing.
Norton vs. Kaspersky Antivirus Review Winner
If you’re concerned with pricing and nothing else, then Kaspersky is the winner. However, if you’re looking for comprehensive online coverage, then Norton takes the lead.
While Norton is more expensive, you cannot beat its many tiers of products and features. Norton offers a full suite of different protections against a multitude of threats, ensuring your small business will be safe from hackers.
We hope you found this Norton and Kaspersky antivirus review helpful. If you’re curious about the pricing of other services, head on over to our Buyer’s Guide to compare prices on hundreds of B2B products and services!